Sunday, December 14, 2008

Never Say Never

Well, I did it. I am now an official blogger. Yes, I'm blogging about my life as if someone actually cares. I never thought I'd have a blog...but now I do. It all started about a week ago when I was looking for these cute napkins that say "Mommy's Sippy Cup" and have a picture of a wine glass on them (cute huh). Well, I googled them and somehow ended up on Clemson Girl and the Coach's blog. Well, here I am....

*I also remember saying I would never have a cell phone...of course I do

*I would never yell at my kids, um I do

*I would never give my kids dessert if they didn't eat thier dinner, I did last night to keep them from screaming and throwing a major tantrum in front of our dinner guests

*I would never swear in front of my kids, I have

*I would never use the TV as a babysitter, how else do I shower???

*I would never complain that being a SAHM is hard, how could it be? You don't have to work. YEAH, got that one wrong

*I would never feed my kids fast food. They know where all the McDonalds are in our town.

*I would never do facebook or myspace, did both and now I have a blog so I have something to do after I have nothing new to look at on facebook.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere. I too have had to contradict myself many times. You have to look at it as "growing up" rather than "selling out." However, there are some "I'll never's" that should remain unchecked like:
    - kill a guy
    - sing during surgery
    - kiss Ernest Borgnine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging. As a thirty something, mother of two, and Major's wife myself, I found blogging as a great way to vent, ponder, and tell stories. Especially after yet another move and leaving all my friends yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your comment on ClemsonGirl, thought your Blogger "handle" was military related, so I hopped on over. Military wife myself, as well as a SAHM, and yeah, who the heck knew it would be so...involved?? My favorite question is still, "So, have you decided to go back to work yet?" Some people have no idea, do they? Hope you have fun with your blog!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a minute...being a SAHM is going to be work? I might need to get a job. Oh, hang on, we're moving--again--so that probably won't happen.

    I love that you blog so you have something to do after FB and MS. I did FB so I had something to do after I blog. It is a really good way to keep up with friends, though. I don't tell everyone about my blog, you know, just in case they radomly make it in during the course of our shared lives but I tell people when I leave...which is usually less than 12 months after we arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the never say never...welcome to blog land! I love it!

    So glad to be included on your blogroll too...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome!!! I think I have done all of these too. Just means you are a real mom!

    ReplyDelete