Friday, December 19, 2008

Did you see me??

Did you see me yesterday? I was the crazy looking mother in the airport. I know your thinking, there are lots of moms in the airport that look a bit on the edge. Well, I was the one in jeans, kelly green cashmere hoodie, with black coach diaper bag. (maybe you saw me) I flew from DC to ATL to FL. Sounds easy enough huh. Well add a 2 year old girl, crazy 1 year old boy, double McClaren stroller, car seat, bag of kids toys and dvd player. Oh, and did I mention no husband to help. So, I was managing ALL of that on my own. Well, not sure if managing is the right word.



I'm able to control the children and all our stuff when in motion. Basically I hang everything from the stroller and strap the kids in and go. I look like a bag lady and people move out of my way when they see me coming but it all works. You know the little carts that transport people from gate to gate and go beep beep to get people to move out of thier way. It still beep beeps at me and I move over as much as possible but it actually swerves out of my way. Wow, I must make a statment strolling through the airport huh???



I also attract some attention in the security line. The line behind me in my lane always seem shorter than the other lanes. I shower every am so I'm sure I don't smell, it must be thier fear of it taking me 3 days to get all 6 shoes off, 3 jackets, 3 bags through the scanner, squeeze car seat through scanner and then spend 20 minutes convincing security agent that my stoller won't fit and I should NOT break it down. Only to have him insist on trying to discover that yes, TMW has done this before and indeed was correct, it will not fit. Then, I have to do it all again in the reverse order as our belongings come out of the x-ray scanner. Few... I'm tired just blogging about it!



Well, if you did by chance see me or if we shall pass one day in the future, please offer to help!!!!!



Thanks, The Major's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment