Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Should Be Ashamed

It's about 15 degrees outside and I dragged my two kids, in the cold, to the liquor store. I must need a drink bad you are thinking. I do but that's another story... The Major has been out of town all week. Anyways, my gal pals and I have our monthly dinner club tonight and I'm making a champagne cocktail that calls for Vodka. The Major and I drink mostly beer and wine but we do have a nice little stash of liquor. I decided to check the liquor cabinet last night just to make sure we were stocked and the vodka was gone. So after preschool pickup I toted the kids into ABC and got my brown bag. I was looking pretty rough too. No shower yet, blue yoga pants, black coat, hair is in a messy pony, no make-up, black crocs, white socks (totally dork).

So then we headed to the store and the fist thing my daugher yells is "That's Santa Beer". It was actually a 12 pack of coke, but she thinks anything in cans is beer. Should I be surprised if Child Protection Services shows up soon.

Well, dinner club is at my house tonight and of course the major is TDY (business trip in military talk). So, I've hired a nieghborhood kid to trap my kids in the basement till bed time. Italian is the theme. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. i love your blog, you are so fun!! i love one fabulous mom's blog too! I have been reading her blog for a long time now. I am so glad you stopped by! We are actually outside of the dc area, but the ski resort was wintergreen. it is probably 2 1/2 hours from nova. it was soooo much fun! especially since we haven't gotten any snow at all! I am sure I will stop by again soon:) hugs, Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! Thanks for your comment, and I'm so glad I found your blog. I hope you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete