Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Well then....

The Major has a habit of sitting in his car after he comes home from work. He finishes his cell phone call, checks his blackberry etc.... He does this so that he can give the kids his full attention when he walks in the door because they will accept nothing less. I suggested this strategy but it actually kind of annoys me. However, it's better than the alternative (kids screaming while he types/talks). I'm sure he's solving world peace with that last email and it must be done at that instant....hmmm.... I'm anxious for a little relief and need some help so I can finish dinner but world peace trumps me.

So, tonight I see the Major in his parking spot, yes I said parking spot, driveways are for the million $ plus homes, which I don NOT live in. Anyways, he's just chatting away, then I get a phone call from him. He says, "Did you know Steven is on the coffee table in the living room." He can see him through our bay window clear as day and thought he should call me to inform me of this . I'm clearly not surprised or startled as climbing on furniture is a winter sport in our home. So my response was NOT "oh my I must go save him before he falls and needs stitches again." Instead I calmly state, " Well then come in and do something about it Major." And continued to cook my meat pie.

4 comments:

  1. My husband is always on the phone when he pulls in front of the house. I give him 15 minutes and then I sic the kids on him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why yes! It totally seemed reasonable to CALL you and TELL you this on the PHONE! I laugh because my husband will call to talk to me about the most trivial things while I'm busy with dinner and homework and kids--and he? Is driving up our driveway.

    ReplyDelete